We use the most up-to-date technology to ensure the best eye care possible. Here are some of the different types of tests and equipment you may experience on a visit to our Practice.
Special Exam Services
At the Doctor’s discretion, additional evaluations may be necessary for your best care. Our staff can discuss them with you as needed. Some of these services are listed below.
- Dry Eye Testing (LipiFlow) – Additional evaluation of the corneal surface and tear film, necessary for all contact wearers, corneal refractive therapy (CRT) and refractive surgery patients.
- Topography (Medmont) – Additional digital mapping of the corneal surface, necessary for refractive surgery and corneal refractive therapy patients, and for some contact lens wearers. May also be necessary for some patients with corneal irregularities or disease.
- Pachymetry – Pachymetry is the ultrasonic measurement of corneal thickness, necessary for refractive surgery patients, Corneal Refractive Therapy, extended wear contact lenses and glaucoma suspects.
- Threshold Visual Fields (Zeiss Matrix) – Comprehensive testing of peripheral vision to evaluate the extent of vision loss in glaucoma and other vision and neurological disorders.
- Optical Coherence Tomography (Optovue OCT) – Our new OCT is an amazing instrument which allows us to see the structures of the eyes in incredible details. It allows us to detect glaucoma and other eye diseases at the earliest stages and can help us to preserve and protect your vision better than ever before.