Dr. Jenny Lam is a therapeutic and glaucoma certified optometrist. She earned her degree from UC Berkeley Optometry and received extensive clinical training at the Veterans Affairs hospitals in San Jose and Palo Alto, various community clinics, and has also participated in school vision screenings for young children.
Dr. Lam has been a practicing optometrist since 2015 and interestingly enough, used to work at this very office as an optometric assistant when she was still an optometry student. She is happy to be back and looks forward to helping her patients.
In addition to general optometry, Dr. Lam has a particular interest in fitting contacts and myopia control. She enjoys seeing patients of all ages and looks forward to working with them to provide the best solution for their visual needs.
In her free time, Dr. Lam enjoys traveling, exercising, and spending time with her loved ones.
Dr. Lam has received internship training at the following clinics in addition to UC Berkeley:
- Atwater Castle Health Center: emphasis in primary care, ocular disease diagnosis and management, and research.
- San Jose VAMC: emphasis in primary care, ocular disease diagnosis and management, and low vision.
- VA Palo Alto Health Care System: emphasis in primary care, contact lenses, pre/post op care for cataract and refractive surgery.
- San Rafael Community Health Care Clinic: primary care, comprehensive eye exams and problem focused examinations.
- American Optometric Association
- California Optometric Association